God must call you to be saved.
- Jesus said, “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him.” (John 6:44)
Jesus must be the focus.
- Jesus said, “As for Me, if I am lifted up from the earth I will draw all people to Myself.” (John 12:32)
- Jesus said, “Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in Him will have eternal life.” (John 3:14-15)
- The Bible says, “There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:10)
How do you begin to believe in Jesus?
- The Bible says, “So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ.” (Romans 10:17)
What is the message about Christ?
- Jesus said, “For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. Anyone who believes in Him is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God.” (John 3:16-18)
How do you apply the message about Christ to your life?
- The Bible says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
- Admit that you are the sinner for whom Christ died.
- The Bible says, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
- Ask God to forgive you based on Jesus’ death on the cross for your sins.
- The Bible says, “The message is near you, in your mouth and in your heart. This is the message of faith that we proclaim: if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. With the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation.” (Romans 10:8-10)
- Surrender your life to Jesus as your living Lord.
Salvation is a rebirth into a new life in Christ.
- Jesus said, “I assure you: Unless someone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3)
Baptism is a sign of that rebirth and the willingness to be taught how to live.
- Jesus said, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)